of New Jersey
Standard ML of New Jersey (abbreviated SML/NJ) is a compiler for the Standard ML '97 programming language with associated libraries, tools, and documentation. SML/NJ is free, open source software.
- A new runtime tarball has been uploaded to our ftp server. It fixes a potentially serious problem with the GC (in programs that allocate very large arrays).
- Working version 110.40 available. This release features many improvements to the libraries and has seen substantial work on the MLRISC backend.
- Working version 110.39 available. This is mainly a bugfix release, but there are also improvements to libraries, FFI generator, and installer.
- Working version 110.38 available. This release improves the internal organization of the MLRISC backend and comes with a completely overhauled FFI implementation. There are also new installation instructions (which were long overdue).
- SourceForge mirror of SML/NJ web site [October 17, 2001].
- Working version 110.35 available. We have reworked the organization of compiler libraries. There are also several important bug fixes.
- Working version 110.34 available. This version brings renewed support for CML and eXene, several bug fixes, and further improvements to the new FFI.
- Working version 110.33 available with Mac OS X support and experimental FFI [June 6, 2001]
- New 110.0.7 smlnj.exe fixes error messages when installing under Windows 95/98/ME. [March 23, 2001]
- New SML and SML/NJ SourceForge projects [1 March 2001].
- New SML/NJ tutorial by Riccardo Pucella available. [18 Feb 2001].
- emacs sml-mode updated to 3.9.5 in contrib/emacs [26 Jan 2001].
- New 110.0.7 patch release available; includes CML fixes, smlnj-lib improvements [October 12, 2000].
- Version 111 plans.
Downloading SML/NJ Software for Unix or Windows
- Information on downloading and installing the SML/NJsystem and related software.
- A self-installing .EXE for Windows 9X, NT, or 2000 is available (http, ftp; 5.4MB).
Documentation and Literature
- SML/NJ User's Guide
- SML'97 Basis Library
- SML/NJ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- SML'97 Conversion Guide
- Top Level Environment Comparison
- Special features of SML/NJ
- Compilation Manager (CM)
- Concurrent ML
- SML/NJ-C foreign function interface
- comp.lang.ml FAQ
- Compiler notes
- These SML/NJ web pages, including the Basis web pages, are available for downloading as a compressed tar file. The Basis documentation pages are also available separately as a gzipped tar file.
- Bugs can be reported online using our cgi bug form at Princeton.
- You can also submit bug reports by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the bug report form.
- The record of currently known bugs and the bug history for SML/NJ are available via FTP.
- Pointers to programming resources (libraries, tools, example code), projects using SML/NJ, other SML implementations, related compiler research work, and miscellaneous SML links. The programming resources links will soon move to a separate page of their own.
- Picture of current cast of people involved in the project.
Send your comments to email@example.com
Copyright © 1996, Lucent Technologies; Bell Laboratories.