of New Jersey
Standard ML of New Jersey (abbreviated SML/NJ) is a compiler for the Standard ML '97 programming language with associated libraries, tools, and documentation. SML/NJ is free, open source software.
- The SML/NJ source CVS repository has been moved to SourceForge. The SML/NJ SourceForge project page has a link to information about CVS access. The distribution files are also in the process of being moved to SourceForge. A mirror of the www.smlnj.org is available at the University of Chicago. The Bell Labs SML/NJ web site is now obsolete and will be replaced with an indirection to www.smlnj.org. [March 10, 2003]
- We have switched over to a new mailing list hosted by SourceForge. The name of the new list is . (To avoid receiving to much spam we do not show the name of the mailing list in clear text and render it as a JPG image instead. If spammers start using fancy OCR, we give up.)
- Working version 110.42 available. This relatively small but important update (among other things) fixes a memory leak problem in CML and provides support for MacOS X 10.2. (We have provided a MacOS disk image with pre-compiled runtime systems for both MacOS 10.1 and 10.2 for use by those without developer tools. See the README file within this disk image for details.)
- Version 111 plans.
Downloading SML/NJ Software for Unix or Windows
- Information on downloading and installing the SML/NJsystem and related software.
- A self-installing .EXE for Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP is available (http, ftp; 5.4MB).
Documentation and Literature
- SML/NJ User's Guide
- SML'97 Basis Library
- SML/NJ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- SML'97 Conversion Guide
- Top Level Environment Comparison
- Special features of SML/NJ
- Compilation Manager (CM)
- Concurrent ML
- SML/NJ-C foreign function interface
- comp.lang.ml FAQ
- Compiler notes
- These SML/NJ web pages, including the Basis web pages, are available for downloading as a compressed tar file. The Basis documentation pages are also available separately as a gzipped tar file.
- Bugs can be reported online using our cgi bug form at Princeton.
- You can also submit bug reports by email to using the bug report form.
- The record of currently known bugs and the bug history for SML/NJ are available via FTP.
- Pointers to programming resources (libraries, tools, example code), projects using SML/NJ, other SML implementations, related compiler research work, and miscellaneous SML links. The programming resources links will soon move to a separate page of their own.
- Picture of current cast of people involved in the project.
Send your comments to .
Copyright © 1996, Lucent Technologies; Bell Laboratories.