S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 4 2 N E W S
October 16, 2002
This version is intended for compiler hackers. The
version ought to be stable, however we have not run
our full regression testing.
- A number of small, but important bug fixes.
- Fixed a space leak in the CML implementation of TextIO and BinIO.
- Fixed the handling of %g in the Format library module.
- Ported to MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar). The MacOS X 10.1 and 10.2 runtime
systems are different. The former is called run.ppc-darwin5
and the latter is run.ppc-darwin.
- Fixed a bug in division by zero on the PowerPC.
- Sml now senses the SMLNJ_HOME environment variable.
If this is set,
then the bin dir is assumed to be in $SMLNJ_HOME/bin and (unless
CM_PATHCONFIG is also set), the path configuration file is
assumed to be in $SMLNJ_HOME/lib/pathconfig. This way one can
easily move the entire tree to some other place and everything will
``just work''. Companion commands such as ml-build and
ml-makedepend also sense this variable.